Retirement of beloved college counselor

Linda Clark retires

June 7, 2016

Q: When did you start teaching at Northgate?

A: Actually in fall of 2010.

Q: How many years overall have you been a teacher?

A: Six.

Q: What did you do prior to being a teacher?

A: So well right before this I went back to college to UC extension and took classes to be able to do this. Prior to that I did marketing and I worked actually in San Francisco radio for about 20 years. So I was a marketing director.

Q: What do you enjoy most about teaching?

A: I think the one thing that gives me the most joy is  when I see a student who’s excited about where they’re going to college and that they feel like it’s a place they’re going to be happy and as a lot of kids know, I don’t care about what the name of the school is, I care if it fits the student and when I see students that are so excited and didn’t even think they could go to college. I love that.

Q: What have you liked about Northgate?

A: I love the kids. I love the students. I think they’re wonderful. It gives me hope for the future because there are such amazing students here. And I enjoy the parents.

Q: Memory or experience?

A: I know that every day i come to work I get to do something that hopefully helps people.

Q: What are you going to miss about teaching?

A: I’m going to miss the students and being here and helping them with things. I’m going to miss the parents. I’m going to miss the teachers here who have been so supportive and helpful and admin and I’m not going to miss getting up early.

Q: What are you looking forward to in retirement?

A: I’m looking forward to being in charge of my time and deciding what I want to do. I want to volunteer places and help underserved students and I want to work with kids still but I want to be in charge of my time.

Q: Goal for the school?

A: I just hope that we really continue to focus on the students and do what’s best for them.

Q: Any parting words to the students at Northgate?

A: You know, just remember that success isn’t a destination, it’s a pathway. You’re successful right now because you’re doing well in school and in class every day. You’re successful right now.

The Sentinel • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Sentinel Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *