Northgate Alumni: Where are they now?

Compiled by Sentinel staff and edited by Katie Morris

April 6, 2016

Believe it or not, some of the students from Northgate have successfully made it past high school. For those who moved on to do greater things, such as attending colleges or universities nationwide, we pose the question: Where are they now?

Name: Julia Corrales

NHS Year: 2015

College: University of Nevada, Reno

Reason for Attending: It’s close enough to home but I still have my space. There’s a lot to do and it’s a great campus.

Currently Studying: Psychology

Met Expectations?: Yes, definitely!

Insight: It’s a great college. I haven’t been here for long but the feeling of family here is really surreal. I’m here with my best friends and the experience is life changing.

6ba423f0-62e4-49e1-b9c5-45852217542eName: Hannah Morrow

NHS Year: 2015

College: California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo

Reason for Attending: I chose to attend Cal Poly because it was near beaches, and was a beautiful college in a town similar to Walnut Creek. The small interactive English department was another strong factor in my decision to attend CP.

Currently Studying: English

Met Expectations?: Cal Poly has exceeded my expectations. I live with my best friends and I’m a part of my top choice sorority, Alpha Chi Omega.

Insight: I have only been at college for a quarter, however I know 300 subspecies of monkeys, which I learned in Biological Anthropology. I hated the class at first, being an English major placed in an extremely rigorous general education class, but I ended up learning so much. I became very close with my professor, too.

Name: Megan Shoned3277c2d-8022-4c84-be7c-1ec19bbc0e90

NHS Year: 2015

College: University of Arizona, Tuscon

Reason for Attending: I came here because of U of A’s successful business school, the perfect weather year round (75 and sunny in January), and the PAC 12 sports teams.

Currently Studying: Business

Met Expectations?: My expectations were 100% met my first semester. Everybody who goes here has so much pride for the school and you can feel it when you walk around campus everyday. School is challenging but it is so worth it with all this school has to offer.

Insight: Don’t let the stereotype of a school stop you from going there. U of A is known for being a “party school” but it is so much more than that. Every college parties, but it is about the people you want to be surrounded by, the weather you want to be exposed to throughout every season, and the place you would be proud to say you got your degree from. Bear down!

8e8cbf99-5371-4afa-b164-3b0f8188790cName: Natalie Weddle

NHS Year: 2015

College: University of Oregon, Eugene

Reason for attending: I wanted to get out of California because the schools there are so impacted and I knew that I wouldn’t get out in four years. I thought I wanted to go into either business or kinesiology and I knew Oregon had great programs for both so it seemed like the best option.

Currently studying: Right now I’m undeclared. Business was a bust and totally not for me. I also realized that to be a kinesiology major you need to take an anatomy class in a cadaver lab and so I said no way. I’m thinking about journalism right now because that is one of the best programs that Oregon offers.

Met expectations?: So far I absolutely love Oregon!

Insight: The people here are great and the rain isn’t as bad as you’d think. Also dorm life is really fun. The classes are super hard and go really fast, so it took a lot of adjusting, but now that I’m getting the hang of it, I’ve realized that as long as I do the homework when it’s actually assigned and actually do the readings then I’m fine. The only thing that hasn’t met my expectations is the dorm food.

Name: Brett Read-Skyhawk

NHS Year: 2013

College: University of California, Los Angeles

Reason for Attending: I visited UCLA and immediately loved the campus and the tour. It’s close enough to home, yet far away at the same time.

Currently Studying: Majoring in Physiological Science  and considering Pre-med

Met Expectations?: College is a little more challenging than I initially anticipated. However, I never expected to meet so many people, build so many relationships, and have so much fun!

Insight: Take your time and figure out what you like to do! There’s no rush to declare a major and it really helps if you major in something you love!

unnamed

Name: Rachel Hurst

NHS Year:  2015

College: University of Washington, Seattle

Reason for Attending: I attended this school because it is phenomenal academically and will open up many job opportunities, but is also very strong socially. As soon as I visited UW I knew it was the one for me! It’s also beautiful.

Currently Studying: Biology/Physiology

Met Expectations?: This school has exceeded my expectations. I find something everyday that amazes me and meet people that inspire me.

Insight: So far my experience here at UW has been incredible. I have met so many people and have grown in my short time here.

The Sentinel • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Sentinel Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *