New “12th Man” class brings in spirit

December 16, 2015

A new football season marks the beginning of a new 12th man who are expected to support Northgate’s football program to the fullest extent.

The 12th man captains make shirts for the students and encourage students to get out to every game and cheer for Northgate.

145032080893282-2Many people are wondering what this year’s 12th man will do that is different from last year’s. Traditionally, students have taken the responsibility of creating and selling shirts in support of the football program.  This football season, the 12th man captains have already sold a little over 300 shirts.

The 12th man leaders, Brian Morris, Austin Dyess, Josh Kaplan, and Brian Wright, have also created new chants for the audience that haven’t been heard before.

12th man leader Josh Kaplan claims that they will be much different from any other 12th man Northgate has seen.

“We have a lot of new ideas that are way different than previous years and hopefully our support will help lead the team to more wins, and to more school spirit,” said Kaplan.

So far it seems Northgate’s football players are happy with the 12th man’s performance.

“They did a great job and we heard them from the field.  I’m proud of the spirit that they showed and I hope they keep it up,” said Kyle Zagon, one of Northgate’s veteran football players.

145032080893282-1

In addition to the players, it seems many students are satisfied with the 12th man as well.

“I think this year’s 12th is great. I also believe that we have a larger amount of people participating this year which is I think is great for our school and our football team,” said sophomore Duran Sulymankhel.

“It’s good. Like it’s not amazing but it’s definitely gotten better. It’s better than I thought it would be. Compared to last year’s I think it’s for sure better this year and more organized,” said sophomore Hana Khakpour.

From the 12th man to the 6th man, it’s time to get ready for basketball.

The Sentinel • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Sentinel Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *