Students recognize their favorite teachers

Bailey Luttrell, Co Editor-in-Chief, Feature Editor

Every student has had a teacher that in some way positively affected their school career or changed their life. Whether that teacher is extremely kind, headstrong, kooky, or just very knowledgeable in their subject, everyone has had or has a teacher who makes school fun.

Coming to school can sometimes be viewed by students as an aggravating task or a waste of seven hours. However, many Northgate students look forward to a specific hour of the day thanks to a special teacher.

“I love Mrs. Scott!” said Camille Garcia. “She actually teaches and explains everything very thoroughly because she has a deep understanding of the subject and material she is teaching us.”

Everyone has endured a seemingly never ending, boring lecture, where they try not to doze off. Although taking notes may be crucial to thoroughly understanding a subject, engaging classroom activities are often preferred by students. A teacher’s classroom atmosphere can play a major part in every student’s ability to enjoy class time.

“Last year, I had the time of my life in Mrs. Reimer’s Sociology class. She actually taught us things that are relevant to our everyday lives and our classroom activities made every day exciting. It was a really well balanced elective,” commented Celina Delos Santos.“Mrs. Reimer was so enthusiastic and cool to be around.”

“Ms. Ledesma is one of my favorite teachers at Northgate,” Trey Percario commented. “She’s really entertaining and I learned a lot in that class. She’s really feisty too.”

Having a teacher that you feel like you can relate to is one of the best feelings in the world. It makes asking questions and seeking help easier as well as enjoying class time and the subject itself.

“I love my English class. Mrs. Reid is by far my favorite teacher because she makes learning English fun and easier to comprehend,” said John Tabones. “She is nerdy and adorable, just like us. I’ve never been so willing to go to English and actually learn.”

A student’s grade is a reflection of their comprehension of the subject. Those who strive for that renowned 4.0 rely on their teachers to help them better understand the material. There are many teachers here at Northgate who excel in communication with students.

“Mr. Tobin is an awesome teacher. I had him last year for math and he actually teaches, not just straight out of the textbook,” said Albert Miraflores. “He does a great job reaching out to students and making them want to learn and understand.”

Northgate is well known for its wonderful test scores and high college acceptance rates. These achievements were made possible not only by the hard work of dedicated students, but also the teachers who go above and beyond to devote their time to teaching.